Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Weekend Update - 6/10/2013

{soaking up the sun and indulging in some BBQ and blues at Sunday's Big Apple BBQ Block Party} 
Pretty much the quintessential New York weekend last weekend with every meal eaten outside at some festival and drink drank on some of the best rooftops in the City. After a torrential downpour Friday and a great classic Italian meal at Trattoria Pesce Pasta on my corner, Saturday morning I was destined to be outside the rest of the weekend. Started out with lunch at Smorgusburg followed by a party hosted by Topshop & Bulldog Gin at the James Hotel rooftop before ending the night at the Archive, where I learned my best friend Jenn got engaged (eek!). Sunday went to the Big Apple BBQ fest in Madison Square Park, then the rooftop at Pod 39 before ending the night with (yet another) pizza at my friend Pete's. Whew. So yeah, rooftops and rosé are the name of the game this summer. And now for more rain...
{Maine Lobster Roll at Smorgasburg at South St. Seaport}

{my new favorite rooftop bar at the top of the Pod 39 hotel, which kind of made me feel like I was back in Provence
{a final glass (ok bottle[s]) of rosé on my friend Pete's rooftop which is complete with a big screen tv}

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear you patronized a business in South Street Seaport. People don't know that many places have opened up after the devastation from Superstorm Sandy. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...