Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Budda Yellow

Ralph Lauren Gown | Milly Bag | H&M Earrings & Bracelets | Zara Heels 




This a dress is a prime example of why it's good to have friends in high places. My co-worker and good friend JJ let me borrow this lovely little number for one of two formal events at the wedding I attended in Italy the other week. I wore this one for the Henna. If you don't know what that is (I sure didn't until I attended one for the first time last year), it is a Moroccan wedding tradition and basically big blowout party two days before the wedding. This one was no exception with the bride & groom riding in on white Italian stallions, after party in a nearby castle and lanterns on the lake spelling out a congratulatory message for the soon-to-be married couple. It was really somethin'.

I would also be remiss if I didn't take a moment to reflect and remember those we lost 11 years ago on 9/11. My condolences for their family members and friends and sincere gratitude for all of those who have fought for our freedom since.

And finally, if you don't have any plans and are looking for some comic relief, I will be walking in a fashion show with some other NYC bloggers at the Green Fashion Business event tomorrow night. Tickets and more information are available here but you can also purchase at the door. The event starts at 7:00 but the show will not start until 8:00 or 8:30. Come out to share in the hilarity of my awkwardness and for what will be a pretty cool event!


2 comments:

  1. beautiful dress!!!!!
    www.nellecreations.com (Win a statement necklace at my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely GORGEOUS!
    wish i could see you walk! video please

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...