I got out of work early last night for a dentist appointment -- sad how I now look forward to such 'events' when I actually DESPISE the dentist. With all the extra time on my hands, I stopped by Trader Joe's to pick up a couple of my favorite ingredients for a homemade pizza. Here's a super quick and cheap summer dinner idea:
1) Half bag of wild arugula
2) Whole wheat pizza dough
3) 6 slices prosciutto - 3/4 ths package
4) Handful of cherry tomatoes - sliced
5) 1 bag (3/4 lb) TJ'S Quattro Formaggio
6) 1 pressed garlic clove
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Crushed pepper
1) Roll out pizza dough and bake at 500°F for ~ 10 minutes.
2) Drizzle olive oil and spread garlic on baked dough before sprinkling with cheese.
3) Bake until cheese is completely melted ~5-7 minutes
4) Spread arugula evenly and top with strips of prosciutto
5) Slice & serve with a bottle of Chuck (TJ's 'Charles Shaw' branded wine to the layman ) and you have a whole meal for two / three for a grand total of...$13.00.