Friday, February 3, 2012

FriDIY: Ombre Wine Cork Heart

Remember that whole hoarding thing I mentioned a couple weeks ago? I'm about to fill you in on a little story that takes it to the next level. I don't know why, but I've saved wine corks for quite some time (and have used them for other DIYs here and here). I know what you're thinking [GEEEZ, alchie] but they're not all mine. A little over a year ago, I realized you could search for 'Free Stuff' on Craigslist and I did it (multiple times a day) for a couple weeks straight. As expected, a lot of it is complete crap / spam but there was a lady giving away a bunch of wine corks because her cat kept getting into them or was allergic...whatever, not important. So one balmy August day, I literally sprint to the little old wine drinkers Bryant Park office on my lunch break. Sure enough the sweet cat lady had hundreds of corks nicely bagged up and ready for me to create a craft a year and a half later. Therefore I present to you, a diy ombre wine-cork heart in honor of the upcoming holiday.

Materials
- All the wine corks you can find (drink up...or find an alcoholic, hoarding wine drinker and buy him/her a cat)
- Cardboard
- Knife or scissors
- Elmer's glue
- Hammer & nail

Directions
- Draw a heart shape on a piece of cardboard. Eyeball it to be big enough to fit all of the corks.
- Cut out heart shape with knife or scissors. It doesn't need to be perfect as the corks will provide a nice, clean outline.
- Line up the wine corks in order of darkest purple to light pink and finally white.
- Place on cardboard heart cut-out.
- Glue with Elmer's glue and let dry over night.
- Hammer nail into wall and puncture the back of the cardboard to hang.










14 comments:

  1. Thanks sweet!
    Love what you did, it's awesome! :o

    Follow each other?*`
    santosliliana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO amazing! I am in awe.

    xo
    http://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool...great blog

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    Fashion by He

    ReplyDelete
  4. so CUTE. and only you would have gotten all these FOR FREE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg im gonna do it . maybe a creepy old lady in charlotte can hook me up too!!! that is amazing sheens!!! im copying u once again. haahhaa u rock

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful DIY. I hoard stuff as well, like old movie stubs. I was thinking of making something out of them and now this has inspired me!

    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea!

    http://dirtysexylaundry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration, and for an excuse to drink more wine;) I'm so happy I found your blog and am pleased to be your newest follower.
    Best,
    Chelsea
    http://abitofsass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!! I drink enough wine to make 10 of those! haha Have a great weekend lady!

    xoxo
    Jaclyn
    A Day in the Life and Mind...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with this project! So creative and so pretty!

    Tara
    http://www.aslongasitsfancy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fun! I saw this on a lovely escape,and reading it as I sit on the porch of a vineyard.. There's got to be some corks around here somewhere!

    XO,
    Elizabeth
    tonicofwildness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...